Your Personal Data – What Is It?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Who Are We?
Your Space Cambridge Ltd, trading as Your Space Apartments, (Company No: 6799740) is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How Do We Process Your Personal Data?
Your Space Apartments complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:–
- To enable us to provide the service of temporary accommodation;
- To manage our employees;
- To maintain our own accounts and records;
- To inform you of news and special offers at Your Space Apartments
What Is the Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Data?
Guests, Bookers & Enquirers
By giving us your data, you are deemed to have given us permission to use it for the purposes of Legitimate Interests and in the fulfilment of our accommodation service Contract. For example; responding to your enquiry for temporary accommodation; confirming a booking and sending you an invoice; sending you arrival details; responding and updating you on any issues during your stay; and asking about your experience after departure.
In addition, explicit Consent will be sought for the secondary purpose of keeping you informed about events in Cambridge, and news and special offers relating to our services. You do not need to give your consent for this secondary purpose in order to access our primary accommodation service.
Processing is necessary under Contract and Legal Obligations for carrying out duties under employment, social security or social protection law.
Processing is necessary under Contract and Legal Obligations. i.e. to make payments and provide documentation to government officials.
We also hold data relating to those holding positions in companies that we believe might be interested in our service under Legitimate Interests. Processing is justified under Legitimate Interest.
Sharing Your Personal Data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with members of the Your Space team in order to carry out the provision of our service (temporary accommodation). No personal data will be passed to a third party excepting in support of the provision of our service. For example, the provision of the e-concierge tablet in your apartment or for asking you for post stay feedback. However, all third parties are themselves signed up to GDPR and we would be happy to share their details with you on request. Where you exercise any of your rights under GDPR (see Your Rights below) we will communicate all such requests to the third parties and require them to take the appropriate action.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
We keep data relating to:-
(a) accommodation enquiries until the departure date of the enquiry,
(b) accommodation bookings until 3 years after the departure date,
(c) mailing lists until consent is withdrawn or emails terminally fail,
(d) employees until 3 months following termination date, except where required to do so for longer by the government,
(e) local suppliers of goods and services for seven years, or as required by the government, and
(f) employees in key positions in Cambridgeshire companies until we are aware that they no longer hold that position.
Your Rights & Your Personal Data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:–
- The right to request that Your Space Apartments corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Your Space Apartments to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable);
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
To exercise your rights, you should contact Your Space Apartments using the contact details below.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact:
- the Data Controller is Paul Perkins at Your Space Apartments, 1 Signet Court, Swanns Road, Cambridge, CB5 8LA
- Tel: 01223 313 383 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email httpss://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
For more information about how we take care of our customers, click here to read our accessibility statement.